Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adult Appreciation


I guess (at my age of 22) we 20ish ages don't really know what important roles that older adults play in our lives. For example, over the weekend, I was sitting at an outdoor table, minding my own business-eating some dinner when a married couple in their late 50's sat besides me. We of course began talking about the ice breaker of all convo's---"the weather" which I don't mind talking about at all. I love talking about the weather! Then, we just started talking and it was getting really interesting but then other people entered the convo, so the topic started to merge into Filipino Americans and the differences between life in the U.S. and life in the P.I. An interesting topic indeed.

I also had another convo with my aunt in her late 20's and she had a whole different topic to talk about with college and marriage. It was very interesting and kept me motivated for more school.
Time literally just flies when you're in a really good convo. There ought to be days obligated to just talking to other people and hearing their stories! =)

So I think it's important to listen to what other people have to say because you never know- that complete stranger can completely enlighten you and make you think of things you've never thought of before. Life needs knowledge, experiences and happiness and most of the time, you can find that in other people. If you have an open mind, don't judge others and stay positive, then you might just learn about so many other important things in life.

Life seems to be moving at 90mph and deep down I love it but I also wish I could be there for more of my loved ones and friends even though I'm caught up with schoolwork.

with gratitude,
kimbundance