Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food Consciousness!

PhotoCredit: Me :)

Today’s Oprah’s show really opened my eyes! And I must say Oprah is a credible person in my eyes because of what she’s been through and how she amazingly over-came her struggles. (Not to mention she’s a real, real hustler!)

But getting back to today’s show. If any of you saw it today, you would know that it was about realizing where our food comes from and what we really are putting into our bodies. Short video clips from the Food Inc. documentary was shown and it was a real eye-opener. I think that a great deal of being conscious about our thoughts and actions also relate to being conscious about what we eat. I live in a Western society in which fast food and just plain food is made so quickly that sometimes we don’t even take a second to realize what we actually are putting into our bodies. I think we should be more conscious and understanding of where our food comes from and what it takes to make a difference in helping ourselves and animals. Organic and fresh foods do equal more money, but that does in turn help the millions of farmers who allow us to have healthy food on our plates. I understand that it won’t happen overnight but small steps is key. I will be part of that small step towards food consciousness and I hope that one day you will too :)

To learn more about this topic, the DVD “Food Inc.” is selling on Amazon.com for a discounted price of $10.00 But the price will only last for a limited time, so graba copy today!

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Inc-Eric-Schlosser/dp/B0027BOL4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264655067&sr=8-1

It all depends on our own personal choices and that which we take time to learn.

-kimbundance

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Jun said...

I had Daphnes today... but i didn't use that special spread for my pita.... i guess that's my first step towards food consciousness.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing Jun